Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I rule.

Earlier tonight I competed in an official NRA licensed shooting competition. I almost didn't suck.
-
It was 3 the other day. Degrees.
-
I got a jacket the other day. It’s kazmir. I didn’t get as good of deal as the Devil Rays though.
-
I went into Bath and Body Works today. That’s probably the shittiest store in the universe. It f-ing sucks. What a crap hole.
-
Well, I guess it’s not that bad.
-
Actually, that cucumber/melon skin lotion seemed to really open up my pores. I mean, it would have had I been within 20 feet of that stinking feces.
-
Movies I want to see right now (I would have to drive a long ways to see most of these. LA is blessed.):
Million Dollar Baby, The Life Aquatic, The Aviator, Ocean’s 12, Beyond the Sea, Finding Neverland, A Very Long Engagement, Ray, House of Flying Daggers, Meet the Fockers.

Anybody seen any of these? Comments? The initial word on Wes Anderson’s latest isn’t very comforting. I’ve taken a pass on the last two Coen Brother efforts. I hope that’s not the case with Steve Zissou.
-
I eat too many m&m’s.
-
I was in an elevator today with my 10-year-old cousin Margaret. A button started flashing and we heard a voice say "Kevin?"
"Hello?" I said.
"Is Kevin there?" the voice said.
"No." Margaret said.
"Is this 269-345-2465?"
Margaret started laughing.
"I think you have the wrong number." I said.
"We’re on an elevator." Margaret said,
Well put.
"Good bye" I said.
And we got off the elevator.

4 Comments:

Blogger KMOB said...

that right there darren would be an amazing sceen in a film. save that one away for latter. then when your film comes out, you could use the internet wayback machine and check out this very post. then i will be famous for replying to you and starting a chain of events that spirals out of control! mwahahahaha

12/22/2004 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

House of Flying Daggers was awesome. Obvious comparisons to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon aside, it was beautifully shot and a gripping story. Though nearly surrealistic at times (the last scene tows the line of being an conceptual overload (I won't ruin it by giving you context)), it maintains a steadily hypnotic blend of smooth action and austere sets; a visually stunning film in the best of the kung fu fable genre. Sure to be a classic.

Yes, I am applying to be your live-in film critic. Love me.

12/23/2004 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger dmh said...

yum!

12/23/2004 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger Seriously said...

life aquatic= ?, ebert also gave sub three star reviews to bottle rocket and rushmore. wes anderson is really the only filmmaker who i usually disagree with old ebert about. say finding neverland and the writer spoke after. pretty nice. um... saw who shot liberty valance. i'm obsessed with john ford and howard hawks at the moment.

12/28/2004 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home