Saturday, December 18, 2004

For Christian Bong Loaders

It seems that what we all know you can do with The Dark of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz(start Floyd on the third roar of the MGM Lion), you can do with Wilco's A Ghost is Born and The Passion of the Christ.

Directions:
Sync up Wilco CD with movie at 00:01 on the CD and the movie at chapter one, with the screen showing the Icon Productions symbol.

Here's what should happen (according to GQ's David Walters)

5 minutes 53 seconds - The song "Hell Is Chrome" begins on A Ghost Is Born. The song's first lines are When the Devil came / He was not red / He was chrome... At this precise moment in The Passion, Satan appears for the first time (and he's not red).

10:35 - Judas betrays Jesus with a kiss in The Passion. Moments later, Wilco's Jeff Tweedy sings the lyric Why can't they wish their kisses good?

18:40 - When a sympathetic Roman guard asks about Jesus' arrest, Tweedy sings There's no blood on my hands / I just do as I'm told.

52:44 - The extended beating scene in The Passion and Wilco's fifteen minute "Less Than You Think" coincide perfectly.

1:13:58 - After Palm Sunday flashback in which Jesus is greeted warmly, Tweedy sings I was welcomed / With open arms / I received so much help in every way / I felt no fear (at this point in the film, the CD is repeating).

1:49:51 - Tweedy's lyric I will always die / So you can remember me (on the song Company In My Back) occurs exactly when Mary asks Jesus to let her die with him.

1:53:08 - The earthquake that begins when Jesus finally dies in The Passion starts right when Tweedy screams on the song "I'm A Wheel".

1:56:01 - When Jesus is taken down from the cross and cradled by his supporters, Wilco plays "Theologians" and Tweedy sings ominously, No one's ever gonna take my life from me / I lay it down / A ghost is born.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Huh.

I heard you can do it with "The Remains of the Day" and the Ramones's Rocket to Russia too.

Huh.

12/19/2004 05:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home