Wednesday, December 15, 2004

nothing interesting, just killing time

Work started at 8:00. It's 9:30 and I've got nothing left to do. Being the new guy sucks. For those who don't know I've got one of them office type jobs, cubicle an everything. I sure it won't be bad once I'm in the swing, but its taking awhile to get there. I'm working with a program that isn't up and running yet. Until then I just wait around for them to tell what I can do next, usually little things to help somebody else out. But I'm making the Big Bucks and I just got me and Karen an apartment. So for the next month I'll be spending my nights in an unfurnished apartment. We get it on the 20th of Dec. Come on by and bring a chair. 1st and Mira Mar, LBC.
I've got this other window open to a spread sheet I've already finished. I click to it really fast when ever somebody walks by and pretend like I'm really busy. Kinda funny cause everybody knows I've got nothing to do, but for some reason I don't won't to be caught "wasting time on the internet". Looks like it's gonna be a long day.

4 Comments:

Blogger dmh said...

i've been there. it sucks. it makes 'office space' a whole lot funnier though.

12/15/2004 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger kcs said...

so true, I've already used the TPS joke twice. I think I was the only one in the office that found it funny though. I sometimes forget that this life isn't weird for most people.

12/15/2004 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Oh man (clicks to thank you letter, waits, clicks back to comment), I feel your pain. Don't worry (clicks, faster this time, then clicks back, clicks back to letter, looks over his shoulder, waits, sips lukewarm Yuban, clicks to comment)office jobs get better. Paid holidays! Weekends off! (Clicks, waits, clicks) The rush of (CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!) adrenaline as you click back and forth between things! Just wait till you get caught...

Congratulations Keith. I am so happy for you and Karen.

12/15/2004 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

keith, i am right there with you. i have found you get used to the days when there's not much to do. I know everything that is happening in the news, play by play every day. I haven't touched my computer at home for the longest time because after being behind a computer for so long each day that is the last thing i want to see. you should get into AOL IM. That way i can keep in direct connect with other friends and co workers without having to really talk to any of them. its a great life. check out www.howstuffworks.com. It's a great site to learn and kill time on.
alan

12/16/2004 04:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home