Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I hope that everyone missed this...

The beginning of the World Series tonight was one of the most pathetic pro-America propaganda bull shit that I've ever seen. A song, a la We Are The World, to begin the World Series in Houston is an atrocious attempt by Fox to pretend that they give a shit about this game. I'm furious that the coverage, commentary and extras have been sub-par to say the least. Guaranteed if we had a Yankee-Angels world series, everything would be top notch. God forbid we have two teams with great stories and great pitching in the series. I hate Fox, I hate the Yankees and I hate Michael McDonald.

8 Comments:

Blogger kcs said...

I missed it.

10/25/2005 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger Seriously said...

in the words of someone posting on dodger thoughts regarding aaron neville..."i've never heard God Bless America yodeled before..."

10/25/2005 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger kcs said...

I did see that. horrible...

10/25/2005 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I'm sorry, I don't know if I was the only one to notice this small error. Just for clarification sake, both the angels and the Yankees are in the American League therefore unable to compete against each other in the World Series.

10/26/2005 07:46:00 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dan, as always your thoroughness is appreciated.

anyone hear Liz Phair sing god bless america? that was about as cool as
"protesting" on metzger lawn

10/26/2005 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger onebeltfitsall said...

Dan, thank you for your correction. What I was saying was that if the Yankees or the Angels were in the Series, it would receive the proper, nay, necessary attention to which an event of this magnitude deserves. I too appreciate your thoroughness.

10/26/2005 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

as a matter of fact, i did see that fine display of patriotism, and i LOVED it. belt, i thought you liked america. you disappoint me.

america, f%@& yeah!

in other news, i am about the finish the 4th Harry Potter book, and yes, it's awesome. much more awesome than the 2005 WS. that you very much.

also awesome are my two new cats and my new computer. and atheism.

10/26/2005 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger dmh said...

You all are competing for a spot on Fox's new hot show: World's #1 Pencil Dick.

10/27/2005 01:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home