Monday, March 16, 2009

Saturday's Hike

I hear that a few us want to go on this hike tomorrow.

Here are the specifics:

9 mile hike round trip
About 5 hour hike
1000 ft elevation gain
moderate difficulty

Trailhead: From Interstate 10 or the 210 freeway, exit on Azusa and head north 10 miles or so, paralleling the San Gabriel Dam on your right. Turn right on East Fork Road and continue 8 more miles to the East Fork Station, where the road dead ends. Note that if you go around a hairpin 180 degree turn on East Fork Road, you missed the road into the Sheep Mountain Wilderness. The trail head is short distance down an obvious service road. (Lat:34.2372 Lon:-117.76546)

I read that we should allow for plenty of hiking time so I would like to get to the trailhead by 9am. There are also some geocaches along the way. Hopefully the river will not be to swollen as it has not rained in some time. Call me if you plan on coming.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seriously said...

im in vtown for a bday.

drop pedroia.

3/20/2009 02:11:00 PM  
Blogger kevin said...

Hey man, I know Tisa and I were planning on hitting the trail with you guys, but I don't think we can make it tomorrow. Got a pretty gnarly case of food poisoning around monday, just shaking it now. We'll have to rain check it... we'll catch another hike sometime soon (but man, I'm bummed, cause I really was stoked about this one). Hope you guys have fun.

3/21/2009 12:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home