Saturday, July 08, 2006

Update:

Well. Aren’t these the fucking times. With cysts on faces and The Great Invitation of ’06 (North Eastern celebration of the new year) summer time blog lull and Gore’s global warming. Theres just no telling whats happening.

And so here’s the update…

Colorado Springs has been good. A real interesting and complicated experience. A blend of deep expressions of love to hard confusing expressions of hatred and malice. A new posse, quality folk. Watching a sincere dislike for a city simmer and grow into satisfaction and a new respect for the place. Blessed with an opportunity, squandered it. (square peg, round hole). Revelations and revolutions. Family. This has been my Colorado Springs.

And now I move on. I will follow my sister to the land that gave us the likes of

Anastacia
Common (rapper)
Billy Corgan
Benny Goodman
Herbie Hancock
Quincy Jones
R. Kelly
Jim O’Rourke
Liz Phair

Patti Smith

Chevelle
Chicago
(band)
Disturbed
The Jesus Lizard
Kill Hannah
The Smashing Pumpkins
Styx

Wilco

The Balushi Brothers
The Cusacks
Harrison Ford
Daryl Hannah
Jenny McCarthy
Bill Murray
Jeremy Piven
Fred Savage
Mr. T

Chicago.

I believe I will give Chicago a go. I will live in the basement of a house built during the roaring 20’s, will travel exclusively on my feet and the L. I will give no car a shot for a while. I will work hard, but am not too sure where. I do know that it won’t be a non-profit or faith based anything. And frequent US Cellular field, Wrigley Field… and Soldier Field.

I recently spent 1 month in Northern Virginia in my parent’s river side house. And despite its restful and rejuvenating affects the house is quite isolated. Compiled with a lost cell phone I have been quite out of the loop. I have recently acquired a new phone which can help get me in the loop but I have no numbers and therefore am still out of the loop. So if you will, please (1) call me and give me your number (2) email me and give me your number. eljuanaco@gmail.com It was a really great month. I built a deck. A small one, about 8’ x 10’. It was good working with the hands again. I took a month off the bottle. Cleared the head. Played tennis daily and enjoyed the community pool.

Currently reading: Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand (mind blowing)

Currently listening: Stan Getz

Love to all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sycz said...

Chicago will welcome you with open arms.

I want to visit when you're out there. I need to save up.

Good to here from you. SoCal misses you.

7/08/2006 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger kcs said...

I will most definatly call.

7/09/2006 06:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home