Friday, August 05, 2005

The call

Isn't if funny when God smiles and says 'just kidding'... well these last couple of weeks have been a bit like that. I came out to Colorado for a little family vacation and things have gone from a bit wierd, to crazy, to my little world turned upsidedown.
WEEK !- alls good, just chillen with family, rafting with the guys, playing with the nieces and nephews, good times...
WEEKEND 1- this start to get a little wierd when we visit my Dad's friend who happends to pastor the biggest church in Colorado and talks to G.W.B. everyweek... he singles me out and says he wants to chat a bit... im taken back a bit but say sure, i'll hang out... we have a cool couple of hours on our own, chatting it up. at the end of the conversastion he says the he is going up to the mountains for a few days with some staff to chill/camp/ fast/ pray/ and other interesting God stuff that I am generally unfamiliar with. Sounds pretty cool so I say sure.
WEEK 2: I call Polly's to inform them about the extended trip... my boss is not happy because I have certain responsibilities beyond the typical barista and that I have been slacking, etc. etc. I say: chill out mike, it'll all be taken care of, He says: Fuck you dan your outa here... and that was that, in one fatal move, I lost my prized polly's position.
the week continues and I head up to camp, twas good, fun, good people. etc. etc. while im up there i meet a couple of guys who are pretty cool. one guy is coaching a high school soccer team, the other, has a big house.
I return to the city with my head spinning a bit. I lost my job, cool God time, what doors do I persue? where do I go from here? is God opening doors or am I just panicking?
WEEKEND 2: Doors open: coaching soccer, two jobs, and a pretty cool housing option. I wrestle... I love my southern california, I love my friends, I belong there; oportunities abound in colorado, growth opportunities, a new direction...
I wrestle...
I decide... Colorado... the new land of opportunity, day to day, persuing life's new direction...
and so my friends, this is where I am at... coffee shop, nick drake, sister's ibook, cigarettes, and the porch... declaring my love for all of you and sharing my heart...
I return on saterday, to finish the unfinished, and by the end of next week I'll be on my way back to Colorado. Saterday night, Darrens party. the rest of the week, visiting, packing, and mourning California.
and so thats that, love you all...



4 Comments:

Blogger kcs said...

...the marine layer thickens

8/05/2005 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

and so the exodus continues...

having no job is strange. do you find that light filtered cigarettes are not quite enough when unemployed? i do.

8/05/2005 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger dmh said...

big move. cool. see you at my pad.

8/05/2005 04:32:00 PM  
Blogger frankie goes to hollywood said...

you're kidding me.

hopefully Colorado will teach you how to spell Saturday.

8/06/2005 08:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home