Thursday, August 25, 2005

Alan

I first met Alan at LAX. He was one of those lucky Biola Bounders. (I know I have had contact with some of you during those times.) Nice guy from the start but sort of put him on the backburner during the trip back mainly because I am a guy and there was this hot little snowboarding chick I had also picked up at the airport from Truckee. She didn't end up coming to Biola....I wonder why...perhaps it was my constant comparison to her and Lisa Loeb..anyway I digress. Alan ended up coming to Biola. I was friends with Alan but we were at sort of different ends of the Biola spectrum. I was on my way out and he was just getting pulled into the glass menagerie; Was it glass?... only Mr. Williams could tell for sure. I have to say that spending time with Alan, Jesse, Keith, Brent and all others that ran in their circles during the rest of my time at Biola was a great experience. I got to pretend every once in awhile that I was a comm. major and not a history major. Jesse casting me as a jock who breaks down, befriends an abusive Afro-American sock puppet, goes on a cocaine binge and then is finally redeemed by a talking portrait of Willie Nelson. Or having Brent and Alan star in my still yet to be finished, named or found opus. Alan casting me as a "happy" film critic who loves the work of one vocally challenged film director. And after all these years...alot of you have welcomed me back onto this porch, and Alan with everything he is doing is again helping me or perhaps more like carrying me along; open to try one of my ideas for a screenplay. I write all of this partially because of nostalgia but mainly because I wanted to tell Alan thanks, congrats, and I wish I could be there for the collective bachelor party. Good luck in married life, it is grand. No fantasies anymore about the chick you just met and her lingerie, you got your woman with the cotton underwear.(paraphrased quote from High Fidelity, which directly led to my courtship and marriage to my wife, Chrystel) Truckee and all of its hot snowboarding chicks be damned and may your life with your wife Alan, be amazingly blessed.

4 Comments:

Blogger kcs said...

it truly was a sad day when I realized then I probably wouldn't be seeing travis blagg again. what a pleasure it is to have, at least, the virtual you back in my life. It gives hope, or should I say a ray of light...no, no I shouldn't..., to the day when we just might hang again.

8/25/2005 05:36:00 PM  
Blogger Seriously said...

here here-- raise a glass to travis!!

8/25/2005 09:02:00 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

here's to you and here's to me travis...thanks for the nice thoughts man. much appreiciated.

8/26/2005 05:00:00 PM  
Blogger t.l. blagg said...

keith-we will hang out again...i am sure of it
jesse-heres hoping that glass is filled with a tall black n tan
alan-hope you had a great weekend with the guys. i will wait until after the marriage to send you anything about the movie.

8/29/2005 09:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home