Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Kissing, Love, Marriage, Baby

Sometimes not in that particular order or perhaps even devoid of one or two of those components. I decided to write about this topic for two reasons. 1)it seems alot of you are getting married and 2)my wife Chrystel and I are having a baby extremely soon.
We both want her to be here because it seems Chrystel has been pregnant for the past 2 years, I mean it is Kate Hudson-esque. It will also be nice to be able to speak to Autumn when she is not covered by Chrystel's belly. Instead of feeling Chrystel's stomach and saying, "Oh yeah you are right that does feel like a hand." (I never know what it is I am feeling, I just know that its the baby) we can both look at her and feel her tiny fingers and toes and know that yes those are her fingers and toes. I have always liked baby fingers and toes...i really have always liked baby shoes too...they look like little biscuits.
My dad keeps asking me if I am ready to be a dad and I say yes. I hope that I am. I guess this is one of those fears that men face. The whole marriage thing is a big one, but a great one if with the right person. The baby step is extremely similiar. Just as you guys have decided to spend the rest of your lives with the person you are marrying, a baby commits both of you to care and love for this little person. I dont know, I should probably get back to work. I read this and it isn't that great of a post, but hell, it is my first. Thanks again for the invite Jesse. My next post will consist of what else is going on with Chrystel and I. The baby is about all I can think about right now however.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

good post travis. it's nice to read something like that on this blog,and i appreciate it. i don't know if you remember me at all, but i think we had one of Prof. Lampman's history classes together (not sure which, either colonial America or post-war). i thought you were a swell fella then, and you don't seem to have changed much.

4/12/2005 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

travis blagg--blast from the past...my biola bound picker upper at the aiport like 7 years ago...congrats on the soon to be baby in this world. i hear they are bundles of joy... where are you living?

4/12/2005 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Sycz said...

Travis,

While on a soar weekend, the day after the last episode of Seinfeld, you let me stay in your room, and we saw "Deep Impact" together. Thanks.

Mike

4/12/2005 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger t.l. blagg said...

Well I am glad to be able to have contact with you guys again.
Andrew: man I loved those classes with Lampman, though I have to admit I was a bit of a slacker when it came to the reading in that class.
Alan: 7 years, dang I am old. I am now living in Mariposa, CA. It is right next door to Yosemite. I am currently building a home here.
Mike: I was roommates with Russ Wightman right when you stayed with me right?
It was great to hear from you guys...as I read your comments I actually smiled. I do not smile at computers often.

4/12/2005 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Who in the hell is t.l blagg? What is he doing on the porch?

4/12/2005 03:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home