Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Keith proposed an assignment to me last night

Keith proposed an assignment for those not so weak of heart members of the porch. It is to be a mix cd assignment filled with, say, the most important music of your young life. For example, the revisionist in me may want to say that I was very cool in junior high- listening to Robert Johnson and the Rolling Stones. The reality, is that I was listening to Ray Stevens sing "The Streak." Thus, the disk can be no less than 15 songs, and no more than 20. If you do it, post the findings here on the porch for our enjoyment. Maybe we could even have a listening party of sorts that becomes a real party of sorts or something. Anyhow, unless Keith has any corrections to this proposal, I say have at it.

My first song would probably be the Christian children's classic "bullfrogs and butterflies" by the former singer of the song "Eve of Destruction."

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

ah yes.

in the gloyd "revisionist" vein-

songs that were supposed to mean something to me in jr. high:

1) smells like teen spirit, by nirvana

2) creep, by radiohead

3) jeremy, by pearl jam

4) runaway train, by soul asylum

5) one, by u2

songs that actually meant something to me in jr. high, but for some odd, odd reason i (now, with age and time on my side) can't seem to remember the correct names of:

1) right now, by van halen (inspired by the pepsi clear ads)

2) creep, by stone temple pilots

3) jump, by kris kross

4) under the bridge, by red hot chili peppers

5) some song that was about mountains, i think, by keith green.

and, like many a jr. higher, countless hours were well invested pondering the hidden meanings of stairway to heaven.

3/16/2005 04:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home