Monday, July 28, 2008

porch appreciation. or kcs's prorastination from the philosophical disaster on his word window

See that picture to the left? Wasn't that place fun? and I didn't even live there.

Favorite memories from that dusty delight...and go!

I'll start.

once I had a job directing musicals and teaching little children "mary had a little lamb" on the keyboard. One day in November, two weeks before Christmas musicals where to be happening, I realized I did not want to teach little children to act in school plays, anymore. I also realized that I didn't play a lick of piano, so teaching kids keyboards was just dumb. This epiphany struck me, while on a lunch break. I did not go back to work that day. Instead I went to the porch and shared a smoke and good conversation with drew (he always seemed to be there at those types of moments). Later I recorded sweet slide guitar on J. G.'s unemployment sessions.

I no longer teach musicals to children, nor do I play a lick of piano, but I am the lead guitarist for the J. G. Band. And last time J. G. was drunk he told me I would be his guitarist forever! ...so thank you porch

6 Comments:

Blogger dmh said...

when the big tree fell down, i drank a beers and jumped off the porch onto a branch. it was fun.
thank you porch.

7/29/2008 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger onebeltfitsall said...

I remember when we woke up to find a note taped to the fake tv in the living room, simply stating that our friend had taken a plane ride to Mississippi. An odd day.

7/29/2008 03:45:00 PM  
Blogger Sycz said...

"I'm on craaaack!"

7/29/2008 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger andy said...

I remember patiently waiting for matt's home-brewed absinthe to be unveiled from beneath the cupboard. In a moment of need, Jesse, brent, and myself drained the bottle- 'Twas good. I also remember the day that lola's tail became infested with maggots and had to be chopped off

7/31/2008 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dmh and I. One word Technolojesus
also...
a night of heavy drinking on the porch leading to the motorcycle through the door of the manor.

8/01/2008 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Seriously said...

when the delta spirit and the colour would just come over and straight chill.

8/02/2008 01:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home