Sunday, November 13, 2005

Hey Kids

...from the German-occupied territory of 1942. Things are alright here. I've been busy with language lessons. It sounds like I'm missing out on some stuff in SoCal. Like Camping. On the otherhand I'm benefiting from the terrific music scene here which wholeheartedly adopts all american pop. You guys are missing out on hits from the early decade such as NSYNC, BSB, and Rob Williams (who I guess is British). I have an alcoholic host-mother who insists that I call her mom any time she is drunk (I shouldn't make try jokes about her though). Place no bets on me to be the next married; I have a no-dating-the-locals policy and the Peace Corps girls are for the most part boring. Forgive me for the pessimistic tone, I just finished Ada, or Adora by Nabokov-an incestual story that bored me to tears. On a lighter note, next summer a few of us are contemplating a trip to Poland. We've come up with a tentative title-National Lampoon's Auschwitz Vacation. Chevy Chase is coming with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home