Monday, October 03, 2005

When you have a second...

Please be praying for me. Last night someone stole my acoustic and electric guitars out of my 4 Runner. They also took my guitar amp and cabinet and my pedal board. All in all around $8k. Pretty sad day, especially the acoustic that my parents gave me for my 17th birthday. It's one of those things that God's testing my heart with. I want to be someone that does not portray himself as a victim of circumstance and in doing so I will say, with no equivocations, that I should've brought my stuff inside and that all of this is ultimately my own doing. I do however say that I will always miss my guitar and the memories that surround such a menial "thing". But when something becomes almost an heirloom bought by sacrifice there's a sense of belonging that encomapsses the item. Thanks for the memories old Takamine, and thanks to all of you that played these items lovingly and many times drunkenly. I love you all like I love my gifts. Sorry to post a downer.

-J

3 Comments:

Blogger Seriously said...

sorry man. we're praying. i may have lost my trooper today due to a blown head gasket, so i can definetly feel your pain.

10/03/2005 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

with you bro... tough...

10/04/2005 08:07:00 AM  
Blogger Patterjen said...

That is amazingly sad. I am truly sorry.

10/04/2005 08:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home