Thursday, June 02, 2005

The weekend...enjoy...(lucky bastards)

I have to admit I am jealous of all of you. From what I have gleaned from the porch and sporadic communication with members thereof you all will be blessed with a fantastic weekend. The last bachelor party I attended was Ben Wilson's. He was a Stewart guy that graduated from Biola in '99. He married Kim, a blonde gymnast from Hart. Anyway this is all beside the point. It was great seeing everyone again, having an entire kitchen full of beer and other interesting libations, playing poker, listening to music, cussing, swearing, comparing tats, smoking cigars, talking politics until 4 in the morning with Jon Anderson, giving and hearing advice about marriage, sex, life; laughing. The next morning waking up feeling crappy but feeling good about why you do feel crappy. I stopped at a gas station in long beach and ran into Greg Townsend and got his autograph for me and my dad. Greg played for the L.A. Raiders from 83-93, went to two pro-bowls (90, 91) was divorced, liked to say the F-word alot and was generally a nice guy. I was telling him that I was coming home from a bachelor party and he laughed. Joked that I had better not tell my wife everything, said it is best to lie to them sometimes. He was having his girlfriend's car fixed...a mid 90's nissan or something. As i drove away i thought to myself. I had witnessed the beginning of a marriage and the end of one. The wedding itself is not the beginning...marriage sinks in during that night of revelry with your friends. Seeing Greg at the filling station showed me what can happen with a marriage. I drove to my in laws that morning and followed Greg's advice...well not really...I told Chrystel everything and the only lie i told was how many beers i drank....i drank 12...i told her 15. She laughed. Marriage is great! Enjoy the bachelor party Jesse and enjoy your married life...it only gets better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Seriously said...

thanks trav. i look forward to some future cup of coffee in the moutains.

word. yo.

6/02/2005 09:31:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I am going to get a tatoo this weekend. It will say "Raider Nation."

6/02/2005 09:31:00 AM  
Blogger kcs said...

The morning of my wedding, I ran into Ben and Kim at the Pot holder in Long Beach. Jackie Parker, who lives across the street from that greasy little breakfast hole, was sitting with them. We all smiled, said our hello's followed by goodbyes and off I went to get hitched. Good old Long Beach...

6/02/2005 09:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Da "ex" Raider used the F--- word alot? Well I will use it... F--- GREG TOWNSEND. He is not divorced, he is still married to my mom and he has 2 other kids of whom he has not been there for. That biatch whos car he was fixing is just a quick fix. He has never cared for or been there for his children and is in no way considered a "REAL MAN" so please do not take any advise from this DEAD BEAT MOTHA FUCKA!!
Love One of da TOWNSEND KIDS!!

7/01/2005 06:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home