Tuesday, March 06, 2007

new birth- re birth- of a nation.

so it seems that the blog might be on an upturn-- maybe coming back around to a place of substantial commenting. then again maybe not....

so here are a few things...

Darren: our address for another 5 weeks is
2048 Fox Hills Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90025

And after April 6th it is:
1509 Piedmont Ave
Austin, TX 78757

if you didn't know, Xio and I also are proud new homeowners (congrats Andy and Dana), and at the current time we are also landlords of said home. We are planning on moving out of this great state- to another state that has a great city- on April 14th.

And with that said... on March 18th, the day after St. Patty's, we are having a casual get together at our current address. We sent out evites, but I'm sure left off some emails. So it's around 4 pm on that Sunday... casual BBQ and drinks-- hanging out in the nice California weather. So come out, be merry, hang out--- not officially a goodbye, but the best weekend to have a gathering of sorts.

On another note-- I would love to hear what everyone is currently enjoying listening to. I feel a bit dead in the music area right now. There's just a lot going on and I can't seem to give myself the luxury of exploring and finding some good new albums... so any thoughts and comments of the nature would be most helpful.

Is Drew a dad yet?

The poker game-- I think it is a great idea. Anyone else?

until next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I am not yet a dad. The nervous anticipation is driving me crazy. It could be tonight, it could be in three weeks. I no like; yet, I like.

Congrats A&X & A&D. Homeownership is awesome, and you will love it. Mowing a lawn that you own is one of life's great pleasures.

Austin = Good times. I have fond barely memories of 6th street, beers, cigarettes, and good friends. I'm getting all teary just thinking about it. My family will definitely be visiting you. Perhaps for SxSW 2008? Perhaps other people want to visit as well?

I like all the good times that are happening for us old friends. Here's a thought: close to five years ago, we were gathered on a hilltop, drinking the beers, having ourselves an affirmation time. Now, we're all on our way to greatness. Just goes to show you that quality attracts quality, iron sharpens iron, and beer makes you say friendly things.

I love you all. I will post with pictures when I am a baby daddy.

Word.

3/07/2007 06:43:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

also, as far as music goes...

i like me some:

hawk and a hacksaw, the previous album, not their newest one.

dexter gordon complete blue note 60s recordings

(strangely, by my own admission) the thermals (perhaps a rebirth of my high school love of bad punk rock)

big youth's screaming target

ted leo + the pharmacists' new one, which sounds a lot like early tom petty

early tom petty

desmond dekker's action!

i can't stop listening to a love supreme. i keep playing it loud in hopes of indoctrinating esly from an early age. i hope it works.

3/07/2007 08:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home