Monday, March 05, 2007

hello again

Hi. I finally switched over to the new version of this thing so I will write now. Life has been good. Japan was amazing- here are some highlights in no particular order:
Ice-skating in my sneakers on a frozen pond in Sapporo in the middle of a snowy park.
Eating raw chicken, wich was in fact quite good
Mister Donut
Bullet Trains around the country
hot green tea vending machines on every corner
Shochu (ambrosia of the gods)
going bowling in Nagoya, where the bowling balls bear the face of hello kitty
the Asahi Brewery tour (strangely, children were allowed on the tour and into the tasting room)
The Hiroshima Peace Museum
playing music in amazing clubs every night...

mainly it was fun just travelling around with a lot of fun people in a great country. that's all i have to say about that for right now.

In other news, Dana and I are moving to Highland Park ( I guess Darren and Sycz moving away and us moving there keeps the anglo-ratio balanced properly). We got a real trasher house with a ton of potential. It's a 2 bedroom house with a double garage, a studio upstairs, and a quaint backyard. It's basically down to the studs right now so needs new everything. It's fun but stressful- forcing me to learn and apply everything from window installation to tiling the entire bathroom and kitchen. The bedroom and bathroom need to be done in a month which is when we move in. So, it's been keeping me quite busy- all that and trying to finish up Tim's album and rehearsing for shows. I leave again for Australia in a month, then back to Japan for May- I am excited though because Dana will get to go this time. Well, that's about all. I hope you are all doing well
Compai!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home