Friday, December 31, 2004

On The Last Day of 2004

Even though Spin, Mojo, and GQ have given us fat-man portions of "best of..." lists, I'd like to add in my 2 cents while on a trip down memory lane:

Best Musical Moment:
*watching the moonrise in Bahia de Los Angeles while listening to Sigur Ros and sipping a frosty pacifico

Best Drive:
*Jan 2004, On tour driving through snowy vermont going north to the canadian tundra: entirely freezing, but pure and beautiful

Best Dodger Game:
*Even though I went to plenty, this memory sticks out: It was a sunny sunday afternoon and I was on Jesse's computer listening intently to the dodgers vs. giants game on the radio. Steve Finley steps up to the plate....grand slam, dodgers clinch the division and I swear you could hear a faint roar all over los angeles.

Best Concert:
*Andrew Bird at Largo. 1 man, a violin and some amazing whistling- if you don't know of him, check it out check it out check it out

Best Purchase:
*My Lincoln continental...oh wait, sorry that was the worst purchase ever. My Fender Strat gets the nod in this category, or my ibook

Best Meal:
*Steak and a bottle of wine at Les Halles in NYC. The wine was old, and the steak was bloody.

Best Drink/Location
*Anytime Matt gets pumpkin ale, anytime or place.

Best Movie
*Collateral, Eternal Sunshine, or Life Aquatic

Best New Character developed by Jesse
* Mr. Southern Belle: classy and sassy

Best Death
*Ken Caminiti

Well folks, That's my list for 2004- I encourage you to post your best of lists too.

Happy New Year,

andy




1 Comments:

Blogger dmh said...

I was going to post my list of bests, but I realized that I've been away from the real-life porch for most of the year.
I endeavor to make more communally experieced bests in the futures.

I like that musical best though.

12/31/2004 06:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home