Tuesday, February 21, 2006

These Times Are Some Dangerous Times

The situation:

The wife has left the building. I am alone. I realize that I do not do well on my own.

I email in "sick" to class.

I go to the store and amass a stockpile of frozen/prepared dinners that would make darren h. weep with pride. I also purchase a great big pile of beers. I go home. I say hi to the cats. I pop the pizza in the oven and KB Baseball, Inning 1 in the DVD player.

I watch.

This is my third time through. I like that I now recognize the faces in the montages. I spend a good hour reading every baseball card on the extra features.

I note the irony of me sitting here, on my ass, drinking beer, eating pizza, watching a documentary dedicated to men whose lives were spent in furious activity. I chuckle, and sip my beer.

I miss my wife. It has only been five hours. I need the structure.

But, on the bright side, I have a beer buzz and it's only 3:25 pm Mountain time. I only wish I had a few friends here with me to share the joy.

The offer: go ahead and call me, if you'd like, and I'll drink beers and watch KB Baseball while we talk. That way, everybody wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home