Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Love and a 40.

On my way back to the rental, I had been out to our new home and helped this nice guy named Jose install our kitchen countertops, I decided that both my truck and I needed something to drink. I put it in 6 gallons in the chevy and decided 40 oz. would do just fine for me. I carried Autumn in with me and we plopped down about a buck 50 for a Miller High Life The Champagne of Beers. With a dime from my change i bought a bite sized York Peppermint Patty...haven't had one of those for a long time. Autumn is sleeping while I am drinking and writing this post. Chrystel is off with my mom getting their hair cut at a place that recently opened in town that had a coupon in the local paper. I need to feed the dogs and the horse but for now drinking, sitting back and reflecting on the book* I just finished feels really good.

*The Moon is Down by J. Steinbeck...it was a propaganda book...widely read in occupied countries during WWII. Owning the book within Fascist Italy during the time meant execution. Woody Guthrie had his guitar...Steinbeck used his book to kill fascists.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seriously said...

what brand is your horsey?

6/21/2005 05:35:00 PM  
Blogger t.l. blagg said...

Quarter horse...he also has a 3 brand on his left shoulder.
His name is 3-Pete...or Petey as most of the family calls him.

6/21/2005 11:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home