Monday, April 25, 2005

A Strange World

So yesterday I went to the airport to fly home to Washington for a few days. As many of you know, my dad is a pilot for Alaska and I currently fly for free to any destination that they serve. The downside is that I fly standby. The instantiated downside is that to flights were cancelled yesterday from LA to SEA, leaving crowds for the remaining flights. I gazed across the terminal and saw a flight to D.C. and noticed that they were in final boarding. After checking in with the gate agent, I boarded the flight. While waiting on the jetway I called my mom and let her know that I was not coming home and that I was going to D.C. instead. She told me that my dad had a layover that night in DC and gave me his hotel information. My dad and I hung out last night in DC and I cruised back to Seattle with him on his flight this morning.

Another note, I've been invited to serve with the Peace Corps in Uzbekistan, one of the strongest dictatorships in the former Soviet Union. If I take it I leave August 16.

Cheers. See you all in a few days.

2 Comments:

Blogger miller said...

I'm back down already. It was kind of a U-turn deal.

4/27/2005 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger miller said...

I'm back down already. It was kind of a U-turn deal.

4/27/2005 03:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home