Thursday, December 09, 2004

To Whom It May Concern

And I hope you are concerned. I mean, really.

On Monday, December 13, The Believer (a magazine of McSweeny's) will be hosting a party at the Mountain Bar in Chinatown, LA, in honor of their new issue, which includes a free DVD featuring short films on spotlights on LA artists. (Really! Spotlights! Hot, bright lights on sweaty artists! Just think about that!) The DVD will be screened throughout the night, the Mountain Bar will be offering a free Believer-themed alcoholic beverage (whatever that could be), and there should be fun to be had by all. It starts around 8 pm.

Side note: The Gold Line (which runs right by my house) has a stop in Chinatown, so anyone who might want to take the train with Amanda and me and beat the serious lack of parking in Chinatown is more than welcome to meet at my house any time after 5 pm.

Everyone should go. The Mountain Bar is cool as artsy bars go. I mean, it's no Duffy's, but it will do. If you are planning on meeting at the house let me know, either by porch or by phone ((626) 405-8023)). Go!

2 Comments:

Blogger KMOB said...

sounds really cool. how long is this thing going to go? i have to open starbucks tuesday morning

12/09/2004 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I think it goes, well, as long as you want it to go. Rumor has it Dave Eggers will be doing a hula dance. So, there's that...

12/09/2004 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home