Saturday, July 17, 2004

Hawaii

Day 2 in Hawaii:
 
Chill out level is at 11 on a scale of 1 to 2.  We will be surfing and snorkeling later this afternoon.  I have eaten many powdered donuts and chocolate covered macadamia nuts.  The pog is flowing and Ray Charles' rendition of Blue Hawaii is the song of the moment.  Porch thought... we have not properly eulogized brother Ray.
 
To Ray:
 
You were my first concert.  You sang for diet cola.  You were a genius.  And a real one at that.  You gave me number ten on my top ten albums of all-time with Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music.  Somebody borrowed it and did not return it.  I ask you to haunt them. 
 
Thanks-
 
Jesse
 
--I'm reading Matthew, Surprised by Joy, and some Mark Twain ramblins on Hawaii.  Twain did some fantastic ahead of his time writing in the 1850s-1900ish.  He was good.  The birth of American lit.
 
required response... thoughts on ray, twain, and chillin' out.  favorite chill out drink.. PCOG!

1 Comments:

Blogger KMOB said...

there must be copious amounts of POG brought back. POG POG POG
my uncle's name is ray charles, for real.
mark twain, if i remember correctly in huck fin he's painting a fence. i hate painting, but writing about it wouldn't be too bad i guess.
have fun surfing, watch out for one armed amazing chick surfers.

7/17/2004 02:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home